Tuesday, 13 May 2014
Flowbox May 2014
Flowbox aims to give you 8 - 10 natural and organic products each month. http://www.theflowbox.co.uk/subscriptions/ It does cost £21.95 which is quite expensive so will not be an option for everybody. I decided to give it a go as I am not always able to get to the supermarket to stock up, so it is nice to get a box of goodies through the door to make sure the cupboards are never bare. I love the personalised name tag on the box. Also love the fact that all the packaging is recyclable.
Lovely full box
My first product is Pearls of Samarkind Secrets of Tibet Mix, 100g - http://www.vit-shop.co.uk/store/p/27076/1/Pearls-of-Samarkand-Secrets-of-Tibet-Mix-100-g-x-1.html (this is the cheapest I can find it at £2.98. It is a mixture of white mulberries, sultanas, cashews, raisins, goji berries, barberries (never tried these) and pistachio nuts. Apart from the sultanas, this sounds like a lovely mix. Now I have began to try and get dairy out of my eating regime and have given up meat, I am looking for other ways to get my protein, nuts seem to be the way forward.
Next up is a jar of Geo Organics, Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce, 180g - You can buy a pack of six of these on amazon for £15.03 so that makes this jar worth £2.50 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Geo-Organics-Organic-Sweet-Chilli/dp/B0069RK82I . I LOVE sweet chilli sauce. I could eat it with anything. Looking forward to having this in pasta etc.
Next up is a bottle of Bentley Organic Sunflower and Shea Conditioner, 50ml - You can get a pack of four for £7.52 on Amazon which makes this bottle worth £1.88 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bentley-Organic-Hotel-Travel-Range/dp/B005HUSI2A - It smells very clean and fresh and I don't think I have used shea butter in my hair before so I look forward to using it.
Next is a Clearspring Miso Soup on the go (White Miso with Tofu) £1.29 http://www.clearspring.co.uk/products/organic-instant-miso-on-the-go-white-miso-with-tofu. I love the idea of this....a little vegan cup a soup. I love miso and I love tofu so this will be a nice little treat at work someday. Clearspring were in my very first Vegan Kind box too and I really liked it.
Next is a Fruitus Organic Pomegranate, Blueberry and Oat Bar, 35g. You can buy a box of 24 of these for £15.09 on amazon which makes this bar worth £0.63. I really love the sound of this bar and I look forward to trying it will dairy free yoghurt and plenty of fruit.
Next up is a Amisa Gluten Free Falafel Mix, 160g - You can buy a pack of 6 for £10.74 on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amisa-Falafel-Organic-Gluten-Free/dp/B00D5VKU9W which makes this box worth £1.79. I love falafels and these are infused with cumin and coriander so I am really looking forward to them.
Next is a bag of Source Climate Change Coffee, Organic Medium Roast and Ground, 227g - £4.29 http://www.sourceclimatechange.com/index.php/products/ . I love coffee and I drink too much of it. I love the fact that this coffee comes in a recyclable paper bag as that is one of my biggest bugbears about commercial coffee. This particular coffee is Mexico Cloud Forest. They all have their own unique character and flavour which is determined by the deep richness of the soil and the altitude f the Cloud Forest region where the coffee is grown at. There is a tracking number on the back of the pack which allows you to track exactly where the coffee came from. If it is nice (which I am sure it will be) it may become my go to coffee source as I love the idea and packaging.
Lastly is a pack of Maroma Ylang Ylang incense sticks - £3.49 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Himalaya-Maroma-Ylang-Incense-Sticks/dp/product-description/B000LV5XRS. I don't actually own an incense burner but I will purchase one as it is something I have wanted for a while. These are packaged in recycled packaging which is handmade, which I love. These smell amazing and I can't wait to try them as I already love my candles :)
So, the entire box is worth £18.85 so you are paying £3.10 shipping which is in all honesty, not that bad. I like the fact the entire box was vegan, especially as my eating habits have changed so much. I will try everything and nothing will go to waste (apart from the sultanas). Like I said, the price might put people off but when you want a little more quality in the food you eat, you sometimes have to pay that little bit more. What I don't like is that they don't give you prices on the information card....so this took ages to write because I had to google everything haha
Here are my very few empties for mid month.
- Baylis and Harding Skin Spa , Cherry Blossom, Oriental Lily and lotus flower steam cream wash, 100ml - WNBA, I love the smell but I hated the gloopy texture. What the hell is steam cream wash anyway? lol
- Julep Pink Grapefruit Body Frosting, 113g - WNBA, I loved the smell and the texture but it contains palm oil unfortunately.
- Sanctuary Spa, Mande Lular Body Souffle, 50ml - WBA, it smells amazing.
- Primark 4 in 1 Deep Facial Cleansing Wipes - WBA, I really do need to find an eco version though....or stop using them.
- Dove Pomegranate and Lemon Anti - Perspirant, 35ml - WBA, though I dislike Unilever. This really helped when my underarms really badly flared up while using another deo. The smell is lovely.
- Imperial Leather Original Deodorant, 50ml - WNBA, made my arm pits horribly, red, itchy and blotchy. Never again.
- Scottish Fine Soaps Company Au Lait Shampoo, 30ml - WBA although I used this as a bubble bath when I was back home at my parents. Smells amazing and makes lots of lovely bubbles :)
- Planet Soap Spiced Orange Soap, 100g - WNBA as it unfortunately contains palm oil....which is a pity as it smells amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment