http://www.inasoapnutshell.com/ give consumers the chance to try soapnuts for 90p
What I would say to In A Soapnutshell would be, please package them a little more carefully next time as they were all falling out of the packet and in little bits.
However, onto the soapnuts themselves.
Soapnuts grow on trees in India and Nepal. They contain Saponin which is a natural soap.
The sample pack came with instructions for use.
I don't have a muslin bag so I got a sock and put them in there.
Knotted it up (excuse the sawdust, Bumble likes to get it everywhere)
and pop it in the laundry
I forgot that I was not meant to put in fabric softener so used the last of this one. (Really good for the price by the way)
For my control sample I put the towels on with Ecover washing powder
and then used some Ecover fabric conditioner.
And honestly......as much as the soap nuts cleaned off any deo white marks etc, my clothes just don't feel as clean as they usually do when they come out of the wash. The towels on the other hand, smell and feel fantastic. I will try the soapnuts again but my first impressions are not very positive.
However, I will do what the instruction card said and grind them down when finished with, boil them in 500ml of water, simmer for 5-10 mins and then strain to make a household cleaner :) Anything to save a bit of money and the environment at the same time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment